DARNELL FAMILY COLORIZED PHOTOS

This photo of my grandmother Sallie Darnell was taken in about 1940 in front of their home on Coyle St. in Owingsville.  Mr. Jeff must have been at work at the bank.  In the background you can see three buildings still in use on Slate Ave. in Owingsville.

Apparently the photo was a specialty picture of some kind.  I've been told it started as a black and white, was colored in and then photographed again.




This picture was apparently taken the same day.  On the left is my mother, Doris Louise Darnell. Just guessing I think she was about 15. I think in the middle is my great grandmother Mrs. Rose A. Darnell, wife of Isaac R. Darnell.  She died in 1941. On the right is Donovan L. Darnell, my uncle. When I was a kid he jokingly called me Jack.  I'm proud to be named for him.

Don


Labels: